Monday, October 4, 2010

sunday in the suburbs

my sister-in-law and brother-in-law were in town yesterday. she brought this. i love it.
it's alexander henry. merry main street. i think i'll make some christmas napkins out of it. now that i can sew. i've had one lesson. from her. yesterday. oh yea, and home ec classes many, many years ago.

this is now sitting on my dining room table.
i bought it in april. it was brand new in the box upstairs in the spare bedroom. you know, the bedroom that becomes a graveyard for everything you have no space for elsewhere. she got it out of the box, carried it downstairs, and got everything ready for my sewing lesson. and before you think, wow, pam's really lazy....stop. i was at the same time cleaning up the dishes from our grazing lunch. pumpkin bread, butternut squash soup, cheese and crackers and fig spread, homemade chocolate chip cookies. we had a small feast.

anywho, we threaded the machine. we filled bobbins. we threaded the machine again. and again. so i wouldn't forget when she wasn't here looking over my shoulder. we did straight stitches. then we tried out the decorative stitches. you can probably guess my favorite.... the greek key.
thanks for the lesson, julie! i can't wait to post my first finished project!

5 comments:

D.B. said...

Expectations are high!

jacjewelry said...

Cute! I am sure you've got it down. I love Alexander Henry fabrics.

jwilt said...

I had fun too! thanks for the lovely day!

Elizabeth said...

love that fabric! be sure and show the napkins.

M. Denise C. said...

Better you than me. Can't wait to see what you sew!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...