Monday, January 3, 2011

back to reality

it's the first monday of the new year. 2011. i hope you had a great holiday. this is my first sewing project that i finished on my staycation, just in time for our new year's eve dinner for 18. a grey wool table runner.

i love its texture against the farmhouse table. it's actually a cross between a table runner and tablecloth. it unfolds and stretches almost to the sides of the table, purposing as placemats also. i'll give myself an "A" for creativity (saved myself from buying/sewing placemats) but a "D-" for practicality. hmmmm, how will i wash wool when somebody spills on it?

back to my break. there was a lot of this going on. a lot.
between tv watching, movie watching, reading, baking, cooking, eating and visiting. and i loved it. and sad it's over.

now it's back to reality. back to this filling my days.

happy new year to you.

7 comments:

M. Denise C. said...

Happy 2011, Pam! You deserve an A for creativity, for sure. I guess you can make another in a different/washable fabric . . .

Elizabeth said...

yay you for making time to use your sewing machine. love your humor. happy new year to you too! and pixel of course

jacjewelry said...

Glad you had a good break! Love your table. I agree, it was tough to go back to work!!!

jwilt said...

love it! happy new year, and I'm so glad you finally broke out your sewing machine.

Karena said...

Pam and to you as well....I have a 2011 greeting on my site!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

paula said...

love the runner! looks gorgeous even if its not practical. happy 2011!

Brittany said...

the wool looks great on your wood table!

happy new year!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...