Wednesday, February 2, 2011

overstock.com discount for you

you've seen my foyer. here. this is the focal wall.
it's hard to get a good photo because it's a little cramped with stairs to the left and front door to the right. but this is it. dark blue chest with pink glass knobs and gallery wall of photos. camel walls. this is my current rug in the foyer. heed my advice: never put a light colored rug in a foyer in the pacific northwest and expect it to look nice, especially after a rainy new year's eve when you hosted 20 people and their 40 wet shoes. my rug has seen better days. it's time to replace it.

i've been searching high and low. my latest search brought me to overstock.com. i have to admit.... i've never bought from them. other bloggers have. in fact, camilla just posted this that she bought from overstock and is repainting it. so i'm off to search their rugs for the perfect one for my foyer. here's a few of my choices, all found here.

i love this traditional one. but are the colors too muted for not showing dirt?


this geometric pattern wouldn't show dirt.


i love love love the persian. your thoughts?


or should i just play it totally safe and go for seagrass or a licorice hemp? and never have to worry about dirt showing again?
help! what is your opinion? tell me which one you like the best. and for your trouble, enjoy a discount code for 10% off at overstock.com. ok, fine, you don't even have to give me your opinion. just take your discount code and run. the code is 121745. it's good for 10% off overstock products (excluding movies, books, and electronics). the code never expires, however, it can only be used once per email address. and if you need electronics, use this code, 202234, for free shipping on them.

*disclaimer: all ideas and opinions expressed are my own. no monetary compensation was received for doing this post, however, i was provided with a discount code.

5 comments:

M. Denise C. said...

Thanks for the codes. I like the Persian!

jacjewelry said...

I've bought lots from them, and have been happy every time except once. I like the second (daisy/geometric) rug the best!

Anonymous said...

That was too hard to choose. I like the Persian best for the combination of style/dirt-hiding/color. But the traditional one is beautiful (so very PB, I can't help it!!) and that geometric one just makes me smile. Good luck in your choice--I'll be awaiting your pics!

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

The geometric could be fun, just depends on the overall style of your house. Love your gallery wall....I've been trying some lately. They're fun and a great way to use some art that's been tucked away.

LindsB said...

Depending on the rest of your house and decor, I really love the persian rug. I have a large one in my family room and it is the most forgiving rug I've ever had. It shows nothing, ever! I paint on the rug (bad Lindsay) & do craft projects then with a quick vacuum its all celan again. I think its perfect for a high traffic area :)

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...