Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Marking My Veggies

My husband took vacation also last week while I was in Maui. He was quite excited about his time alone while I was away... in fact a little too much so. I'm sure the bed stayed unmade, his shoes stayed on the living room floor, and his change stacked up on the kitchen island. He played with dirt and the dog. He took Pixel hunting overnight to practice what she learned in bird camp. He built me a raised vegetable bed... as a surprise, when I merely mentioned in passing that I wanted one. I'll therefore keep making the bed, picking up his shoes, and moving the coins from the island to the coin jar 2 feet away.

So far, I've only got starters for lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, and red bell pepper. Yet I don't want to get them confused cause y'all know they look totally alike. So, I think I need some of these.

Should I get teak?

Teak plant markers, available at gardeners.com.


Or zinc?

Zinc plant markers, available at Smith & Hawken.


Or ceramic?

Ceramic seed markers, available at EstherCoombs etsy shop.

5 comments:

jacjewelry said...

What a nice surprise! I like teak or ceramic!

pve design said...

I think any of them work, I like the zinc!

Anonymous said...

I have some of those zinc ones. I like them because they are reusable!

Alison Kelley said...

How very sweet of your husband to do that! I really like the teak ones, they have an organic feel to them.

Finley said...

Plant markers would be great for beginners.!! I like the teak one from Gardeners.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...