Monday, June 8, 2009

The Pineapple Grill

I love food. There's people who eat to live and people who live to eat. I'm a live to eat gal. As soon as I finish one meal, I'm thinking about my next.

Last week on vacation I ate at one of my favorite restaurants, The Pineapple Grill, in Kapalua, Maui. (And let's take a moment to enjoy the beautiful music on their website. It's Jamie Lawrence. Awesome) This is the view from their dining room.

Not only are the views wonderful, but so is their service. It's impeccable, but still relaxed and friendly.

My husband and I first ate there February 16, 2007, after we did this in Lahaina.


I had pan seared miso marinated king salmon, over chilled soba noodles, crisp vegetables with a citrus ponzu sauce.I had it again last week. It's seriously my favorite meal. This time I dined with my mother and sister. It was a girls' week. We followed it up with their signature dessert, pineapple upside down cake with Roselani gourmet macadamia nut ice cream. It's topped with dark rum sauce and toasted coconut.

They actually post the recipe for this dessert on their website. I plan to make it. It's to-die-for.

(View and dessert photos via restaurant website)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigod, you made me hungry reading about that yummy food!! *Jealousness abounds*

And I whole-heartedly join you in the live to eat category.

pixelimpress said...

test comment

jacjewelry said...

What amazing pictures - and the restaurant and your meal sound no less amazing! Gorgeous wedding pictures; thanks for sharing!

Now I wish I were moving to Hawaii...

pve design said...

bliss!!

Alison Kelley said...

Love your wedding photography! Oh, that pineapple upside down cake looks so good, it's one of my top 3 favorite desserts, I'll have to try that recipe too, thanks for sharing!

Millie said...

Just fantastic images Pam, & what a fab place to plight your troth! MOTH & I are the same with food, no sooner does his feet hit the ground @ 0530, than he's asking what I've planned for dinner.
Millie ^_^

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...