Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sleepsaver

Last week Steve and I flew on the red-eye to Cleveland to visit his family. It was a surprise or I would have told y'all. My husband's sister and her family from Albuquerque were going to be in town visiting his parents and his other sister and her family who reside there. Got that? The sister who lives there knew we were coming. His parents and other sister did not. The parents and 3 kids and spouses and their offspring were all together. Hasn't happened in more than 2 years. It was time. We ate, golfed, ate, played cards, laughed, ate, joked, read, ate, celebrated, ate. We had a ball.

Now, back to that red-eye. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm cranky if I don't get my full 8 hours of sleep every night. The red-eye worried me. I have trouble sleeping on planes. This little baby below saved me. Made by bucky. It's as soft as can be. Slightly padded. Velour.


And it's got a little pouch that holds earplugs on a string! Perfect for the plane ride. Or for blocking out fireworks when you've got an early morning flight the next day. On the reverse side is a small long pouch along the bottom edge. It keeps out all the light. I've taken to wearing it to bed at home too. That way if Steve wants to read longer than I do, no problem. And I can wake up on my own schedule. Not at 4:45 am when the sunlight invades our bedroom.

1 comment:

jacjewelry said...

You are cranky if you get less than 8 hours of sleep? You sound like somebody else I know (oh wait... that someone is ME). What a great find! I will have to check those out. I've always wanted one.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...